Monday 8 February 2010

I'll be the last sound that you hear when your eyes close.

I’m nicotine, I’m coming clean, I fooled the crowd when I made it sound like I was more than ready, strike up the band deprive my sleep cause there’s no love like apathy. The bell that tolls rings loud enough that it should have woke us up.
I’m trying to find truth in words, in rhymes, in notes in all the things I wish I’d wrote cause I feel like I’ve been losing you
I read your last entry, over-privileged kids keep crying, the need to fit in gets harder when living life from a screen.
Old classmates please drop all your pens, don’t write a word cause I won't reply and I’m not bitter, no it's just I’ve passed that point in my life.
I’m trying to find truth in words, in rhymes, in notes in all the things I wish I'd wrote cause I feel like I’ve been losing you each night, it ends too soon you don’t hold me like you used to and your eyes look like they’ve seen too much 'cause it's always some excuse too tired, too obtuse you look so far, removed this time I fear I’m losing you for good.
I'm nicotine... I'm a cash machine, the color green and you should've seen the looks I just received. I need a reason to let go, an intervention, or a lullaby something to cure me, please believe me--
I’m trying to find truth in words, in rhymes, in notes in all the things I wish I'd wrote cause I feel like I’ve been losing you each night, it ends too soon you don’t hold me like you used to and your eyes look like they’ve seen too much but it's always some excuse tired, too obtuse you look so far removed this time I fear I’m just not getting through.

No comments:

Post a Comment